Re: rt kernel and nouveau

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:39:51PM -0700, daniel jimenez wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to get an rt kernel working in debian testing on an amd64 laptop
> with nvidia graphics.
>
> Ideally I'd have nouveau set up to start when I select (in grub) the rt
> kernel and the nvidia drivers when choosing the regular kernel. Problem is,
> I don't know how to do that...
>
> Any help appreciated.

You can prevent the loading of a module on the kernel command line, so e.g.

	kernel /foo.rt nvidia.blacklist=yes

Will prevent the nvidia kernel module from loading.  This will hopefully
mean the nouveau one will win the race, and X will use whatever driver
corresponds to what the kernel has loaded.

Getting grub2 to use a different command-line option for each entry left
as an exercise for the reader.