Re: Driver for (E)ISA Soundcard with YMF719E-S 9749 ZAGA chip

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 08:19:25PM +0100, Jasper Noë wrote:
> Hi, have you been here:
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-opl3-sa2

Now I read this but it did not helped me.
I added aliases to file /etc/modprobe.d/aliases ( there is no
/etc/modules.conf nor /etc/conf.modules ):

### FOR YMF179
# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-opl3-sa2
# module options should go here

# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

# card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

Unfortunately no noticable change has happened.
Soundcard does not produce any sound.
Driver is loaded (with or without the changes to /etc/modprobe.d/aliases).
I checked with alsamixer and aumix and sound is not mute there. I can
add and reduce volume but it has no effect on producing sound.

Martin