Re: apt-get will upgrade aptitude will not

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:10:07 +0100, Jochen Spieker wrote:

> Camaleón:

(...)

>> Did you first update the packages database?
>>
>> apt-get update
>> aptitude update
>
> apt-get and aptitude both use the same package database. Running the
> 'udpate' for both of them is not required.

I just run "apt-get upgrade" and said there was nothing to do while
running "aptitude upgrade" wanted to do very (I mean *very*) weird
things, such as removing a bunch of packages. After updating aptitude
database all went smooth...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón