Re: CUPS Again - Any ideas from the list? SOLVED

At 12:28 PM 3/15/2012, Ken Wahl wrote:
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:49:51AM -0400, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:
> Brian -
>
> Thank you.
>
> Made the changes. Rebooted.  Found Driver, Installed. rebooted. The
> system finds the printer. Still won't print.
>
> Any ideas?  All are welcome to reply.
>
> Ethan

I'm running testing, a Brother HL-2040 connected via LPT and got bit by
this bug last night.  Took embarasssingly long for me to figure
out.

http://aptosid.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2150

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups-filters/+bug/936647

I'm not sure if this is your same problem or not but I had looked
through the d-u archives first for threads about cups problems and this
is the only recent one.

The fix for me was installing the cups-filters version from unstable.
--
Ken Wahl

Ken -

Thanks!!!!!!

Wonderful apt-get install cups-filters  and it works!!!

Ethan