Re: [OT] what is the correct way of setting up lvm

Umarzuki Mochlis (umarzuki@gmail.com on 2012-03-18 21:08 +0800):
> this not a debian issue but a general linux issue
>
> i had set a LUN (e.g.: /dev/sdb) that can be seen from a server but
> after some time (rsync to this logical volume) it got remounted
> read-only and there's "unlinked-inode" from dmesg.
>
> my method of creating a ext3 logical volume is
>
> # pvcreate /dev/sdb
> # vgcreate backup /dev/sdb
> # lvcreate -n mailbackup --size 1200g backup
> # lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/backup/mailbackup
> # mkfs.ext3 /dev/backup/mailbackup

I don't see anything obviously wrong, but using lvextend on a new VG
isn't really necessary. I'd have used
# lvcreate -n mailbackup -l 100%VG backup

The remount action may have been triggered because of a communication
error between the host and the san. Were you sharing the iscsi target
between multiple hosts?

Regards,
Arno