[OT] what is the correct way of setting up lvm

this not a debian issue but a general linux issue

i had set a LUN (e.g.: /dev/sdb) that can be seen from a server but
after some time (rsync to this logical volume) it got remounted
read-only and there's "unlinked-inode" from dmesg.

my method of creating a ext3 logical volume is

# pvcreate /dev/sdb
# vgcreate backup /dev/sdb
# lvcreate -n mailbackup --size 1200g backup
# lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/backup/mailbackup
# mkfs.ext3 /dev/backup/mailbackup

i just want to know whether my method is the cause of this problem

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://debmal.my