Re: USB-keyboard language settings

Hey together,

I have installed Debian Wheezy without larger problems, except that I have used an old PS2 Keyboard Swiss German for installation instead of the USB Swiss German one as this did not work - also not in the text mode. After first start of Debian, my PS2 Swiss German keyboard worked properly, z and y was not changed, also the Umlaute worked. But then, I restarted the system with the USB
I have to say that I want to have the system language English and the locale Region setting set to Switzerland as well as the Keyboard. The System Setting GUI shows me that I have British English as Language, as Format UK and as Layout Swiss German keyboard. I guess it mixes somehwere up between Format and Layout. Also it was not possible during install, after choosing English as sys language to choose as Format Switzerland. However, the keyboard I could choose as Swiss one.

How can I fix this issue // Thx./ A reconfigure of the keyboard configuration respectively of the locales did not really help.  The Format cannot be changed in the GUI.