Re: Grub finds a distro, but messes up grub.cfg

On 15/03/12 10:10 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
On 15/03/12 09:18 PM, Brian wrote:
On Thu 15 Mar 2012 at 20:58:32 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:

and found that Grub had written 3 lines,(into grub.cfg) all the same for
the new installation (which was absolute linux by the way).

Ah, I'm with you now, I think. There are three entries for Absolute
Linux in grub.cfg. I can see a possible reason: /boot has vmlinuz and
vmlinuz-huge-smp-3.2.7-smp and GRUB will pick up on them in its search
for kernels. Is vmlinuz a symlink?

You're right....vmlinuz is a symlink...but that only accounts for two.
I don't think it's needed...so I'll wipe it out and update-grub
again...we'll see what happens...

Done. I removed all the symlinks ( as I think there are needed by Lilo, the bootloader Slackware uses but not by Grub)...and lo and behold...only one entry for Absolute Linux.

  I still wonder why Grub put 3 entries into the config file ??

--
Cheers
Frank