Re: CC-ing & gmane (was: Re: QuickCam Orbit AF Pan/Tilt Broken in Sid)

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:26, Walter Hurry <walterhurry@lavabit.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:57:52 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:48:24 +0100, Claudius Hubig wrote:

>>> At least Claws-Mail supports an additional To: Header when posting via
>>> Gmane.
>>
>> And also Thunderbird and I guess any other "usual" e-mail client.
>>
>> But I'm using Pan (a dedicated newsreader) and it's a bit limited in
>> this regard (I can't also send attachments)... or maybe the limited it's
>> me, so if someone knows how to add a CC e-mail address within Pan I
>> would be more than glad to read the steps O:-)
>
> I use Pan too, and (like you, I think) read the list exclusively via
> Gmane.
>
> But even if I could cc, I don't think I would. I regard it as
> discourteous to seek help from a mailing list without even bothering to
> subscribe to it.

I don't know about that. Sure, I subscribe to the most used ones, or that
I might start using more, but if I have a one off question... Although I
wouldn't ask for a CC, I would check the archives. And I have subscribed,
asked a question, gotten an answer and unsubscribed in some cases -
just because gmane, google groups, etc piss me off with their interfaces.

I wish Google had never bought deja news...

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers