Re: NFS portmap - is it really needed and if so where is it?

2012/3/14 Sian Mountbatten <poenikatu@fastmail.co.uk>
Hello All

I is trying to set up NFS for my LAN. The NFS-HOWTO says that portmap, usually resident in /sbin or /usr/sbin, is essential as it has to be
started first. Well, I don't have it and it does not appear in the
Contents-i386.gz for sid on ftp.uk.debian.org.

So has it been superseded? What do I need to get my NFS server working?

you need rpcbind
BTW nfs-common depends on it

regards
-r

--
L'unica speranza di catarsi, ammesso che ne esista una, resta affidata all'istinto di ribellione, alla rivolta non isterilita in progetti, alla protesta violenta e viscerale.