From: Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:50:36
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Cups init.d file missing

On Wed 14 Mar 2012 at 14:29:41 +0000, Ralph Bacolod wrote:

> Ubuntu

brian@desktop:~$ lsb_release -a
Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        unstable
Codename:       sid

In the cups package the preinst file checks for an Ubuntu installation
and removes /etc/init.d/cups if 'lsb_release -is' reports one. You could
put the file back and reverse what update-rc.d did. That still leaves
you with tracking down what you did to alter Sid's identity!