Re: HTML vertical gap

Sian Mountbatten said:

I have a description list which has a number of items which document
values in a program. I want to group the items such that the groups are
separated by a bit of vertical space. How do I do that? That is, I want
a bit of vertical space in a definition list. Do I create an empty item?
Or what?

----

Not sure I follow the question, if your using something like the <ul> tag. Try putting each group in it's own list and put each list in a table cell. Doing it this way means you can use the table tags for spacing. You can define table/cell height, cellpadding, cellspacing

HTML tables give you a lot of control over the display of your content. If your not familiar with HTML Tables you will want to look into align and valign too!

Example:

<Table>
   <Tr>
      <Td>