Re: using bittorrent for backup of personal files

Le 09/03/2012 00:46, Rob Owens a écrit :
On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 09:53:31AM -0800, Kelly Clowers wrote:
[...]

I don't know what BackupPC does internally, but I would just
use rsync over ssh, with appropriate options. It ought to be pretty
robust

I have BackupPC configured to use rsync over ssh.  It works well, but
its main problems are:

1)  It typically maxes out my internet connection.  Plain old rsync
would do this too, unless there is a throttling option that I don't know
about.  Rtorrent, which I use, has a throttling option.

Of course rsync has a throttling option :
Read the rsync's man :

--bwlimit=KBPS          limit I/O bandwidth; KBytes per second

You can tell backuppc to use additional rsync options.

[...]