Re: using bittorrent for backup of personal files

On 9 March 2012 07:46, Rob Owens <rowens@ptd.net> wrote:
> 1)  It typically maxes out my internet connection.  Plain old rsync
> would do this too, unless there is a throttling option that I don't know
> about.  Rtorrent, which I use, has a throttling option.

Slightly tangential, but do you know about "trickle"?

  Trickle is a voluntary, cooperative bandwidth shaper. it
  works entirely in userland and is very easy to use.

I've only ever used it for simple things, so I don't know if you can
change throttling on-the-fly, but you might want to look at it.

Cheers,
Jason