Re: sshfs and permissions

On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 18:27:29 +0100, Pierre Penninckx wrote:

(...)

> So like I said I didn't manage to make permission 100% work through
> sshfs, though it works on the server or through DokanFS. The ACL on the
> /srv/movies folder is: # file: movies
> # owner: root
> # group: videos
> # flags: -s-
> user::rwx
> group::rwx
> other::r-x
> default:user::rwx
> default:group::rwx
> default:other::r-x
> (and the default user umask is 0022)
>
> When creating a file in this directory while connect through the server
> (or with DokanFS), the file has these permissions:
> rw-rw-r-- fine.
> But when creating it through sshfs it have:
> rw-r--r-- bad.
> And rwxr-xr-x for folders.
>
> First, thanks for reading my long post. Second, do you have any
> suggestions ? I don't really know what to test.

I Googled a bit and found some information about this problematic. For
instance, this blog article explains the issue quite well:

SSHFS: fix for wrong file permissions on server
http://andre.frimberger.de/index.php/linux/sshfs-fix-for-wrong-file-permissions-on-server/

I don't know if that matches for your current situation nor if it helps
you in any way but maybe can trigger a light in your head :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón