Re: How to share the Internet with Linux and an iPad by Wi-Fi?

On Mi, 07 mar 12, 19:41:43, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>         Installed the following packages:
>         bridge-utils (1.5-2ubuntu1.1)
>         dnsmasq (2.57-1ubuntu1)
>         dnsmasq-utils (2.57-1ubuntu1)
>         hostapd (1:0.7.3-2build1)
>         libnl1 (1.1-6ubuntu1)
>         openresolv (3.4.0-1)
>         shorewall (4.4.21-1)
>
> the LED of the WLAN USB adapter doesn't flash anymore, IOW the adapter
> isn't detected anymore.

These packages require manual configuration, it's not enough to install
them. The respective configuration files are heavily
commented/documented and I could assist (from memory) if you come up
with specific questions.

Kind regards,
Andrei