Re: How to report a bug related to multiple packages (insserv, autofs, backuppc)

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 2:46 AM, Sylvain <sylvaintersideral@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/3/6 Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com>:
>>
>> AFAICT, a bug should be filed against backuppc to change its init
>> script to have "$remote_fs" (or "$all"!) in "Required-Start" or
>> "autofs" in "Should-Start".
>
> autofs doesn't seem to be included in $remote_fs, and autofs doen't
> have anything to do with backuppc so I don't think it should be
> included in backuppc's init script.

I'm surprised that autofs isn't in "$remote_fs"; maybe it's in
"$network" but I have no idea how to check either and I'll take your
word for it.

You misunderstand the LSB headers and insserv. It doesn't matter
whether aufofs and backuppc are related; insserv has to have whatever
infomation's required to order the init scripts in "rcX.d" properly.
For example, nfs-kernel-server has "named" or "$named" (I'm not sure)
in "Should-Start".