Re: What's clobbering /etc/network/interfaces?

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:26:33 +0800, Jason Heeris wrote:

> I have a Wheezy live system, built with live-build, with persistence to
> a COW live-rw partition enabled. I'm sure that persistence is working,
> because when I write a test file to /etc, it's there on subsequent
> boots. Hence, I don't think this is an issue specific to the live nature
> of the system, but if you think I should ask on the debian-live mailing
> list, I will :)

(...)

I remember a similar situation when I tried aptosid usb live with
persistance (or whatever is named).

In addition to having a separate fat partition to store the data I wanted
to keep between reboots, I had to manually enable a "persist" mode at
GRUB's menu to keep some system settings (such as network and X
configuration) which were deleted on every reboot to make the live usb
suitable to be run on every computer.

But I'm not sure if this also applies to Debian "Lives" :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón