What's clobbering /etc/network/interfaces?

I have a Wheezy live system, built with live-build, with persistence
to a COW live-rw partition enabled. I'm sure that persistence is
working, because when I write a test file to /etc, it's there on
subsequent boots. Hence, I don't think this is an issue specific to
the live nature of the system, but if you think I should ask on the
debian-live mailing list, I will :)

The problem is: any changes I make to /etc/network/interfaces are gone
when I reboot, and it's reset to its inital "lo" and "eth0" entries. I
have the "standard" set of live packages, plus:

net-tools
bridge-utils
wpasupplicant
wireless-tools
resolvconf
firmware-iwlwifi
dhcp3-server

Might there be some other service that clobbers this on startup?

— Jason