Re: How to report a bug related to multiple packages (insserv, autofs, backuppc)

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Sylvain <sylvaintersideral@gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed backuppc the other day, configured it and it works fine
> except for one thing: it doesn't start at boot. I looked in the
> backuppc logs and in the syslog and saw nothing suspicious. If I start
> it manually with /etc/init.d/backuppc start, it works just fine. There
> are also startup scripts in /etc/rc*.d/. My backuppc version is
> 3.2.1-2 (I'm running a testing install).
>
> Note that my /var/lib/backuppc directory points to
> /removable/sbackup/backuppc which is my external USB HDD mounted by
> autofs, which is in /etc/rc*.d/S21autofs (backuppc is
> /etc/rc*.d/S21backuppc). After some investigation I found that adding
> autofs in the Required-Start section of the insserv overrides of the
> backuppc init script solved the problem. Now I'm not sure how to
> report the bug. Should I report it against autofs (so that autofs gets
> included into $local_fs or in the mountall.sh script but these scripts
> have nothing to do with autofs), or in insserv (again so that autofs
> gets included into $local_fs, but insserv doesn't have anything to do
> with autofs) or in backuppc so that the init script is modified (but
> again, backuppc has nothing to do with autofs)?

autofs *usually* mounts remote filesystems so including it in
"$local_fs" doesn't make sense.

AFAICT, a bug should be filed against backuppc to change its init
script to have "$remote_fs" (or "$all"!) in "Required-Start" or
"autofs" in "Should-Start".