Re: Restrict a user to a set of binaries?

Bijoy Lobo <bijoy.lobo@paladion.net> writes:

> Is there a way where i can only assign a few binaries to  user like, "su -"
> "ls" ? I do not want him to access anything else from /bin or /usr/local/bin

Whenever I see a request like this, my first question is, "what do you
really want to do?".

As others have pointed out, the question as stated really doesn't make
much sense, since if one of the small set of binaries you want to give
them access to is "su" then you've handed them the keys to the entire
system.

So...  what's your environment that it seems like giving the user this
sort of severely restricted access (but with a huge hole!) seems like
it's needed?