yelp opens .xml or does not open help files at all

Hello everybody,
I just opened yelp help of Gnome 2.0 for the first time since I installed Debian 6.04 on an Asus eee pc 1215p (using net install from a pen drive made with unetbootin). To my surprise, when I click on a help link no help appears, and a message like the example that follows pops out: "THE PAGE COULD NOT BE LOADED. The required URI «file:///usr/share/omf/update-manager/update-manager-C.omf» is not valid" (Note: text might slightly differ from the english version, since this was my translation from the message written in spanish) or an .xml file opens in a text editor like gedit.

I googled a bit and found a similar problem in Ubuntu (regarding updates of xulrunner and firefox). But I am so far using the stable release and didn't install firefox, just iceweasel comming with the net install. I only installed chrome as an "out-of-distro" web browser. Arguably, all my installation is stable (I didn't add the wheezy/testing repositories to sources.list).

On the other hand, issuing yelp from bash I get the following:

germ@Galileo:~$ yelp
(yelp:4706): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tool_button_new: assertion `icon_widget == NULL || GTK_IS_MISC (icon_widget)' failed
(yelp:4706): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance
(yelp:4706): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
(yelp:4706): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_toolbar_insert: assertion `GTK_IS_TOOL_ITEM (item)' failed
(yelp:4706): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tool_button_new: assertion `icon_widget == NULL || GTK_IS_MISC (icon_widget)' failed
(yelp:4706): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance
(yelp:4706): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
(yelp:4706): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_toolbar_insert: assertion `GTK_IS_TOOL_ITEM (item)' failed

Looks like it is a Gtk and GLib issue. How should I proceed? Should I delete and install them all or just ask to re-install?

Thank you in advance for your reply. Regards,

Gerardo