Re: Postgresql-8.1 Removal Problems

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:16:08 +0200, David Baron wrote:

> On Tuesday 28 February 2012 21:03:15 debian-user-digest-
> request@lists.debian.org wrote:
>> > Package apparently obselete, dependencies no longer installable.
>> > However, I cannot remove it.
>>
>> How did you remove it? apt-get, aptitude, dpkg, synaptic...
> apt-get / dpkg -r/ dpkg -P
> I do not use aptitude

And what's the full output for that commands?

You can also give aptitude a chance, sometimes it renders very useful
when dealing with broken packages or conflictive situations. At least it
uses to be more verbose.

>> > Get error: update-rc.d: warning: postgresql-8.1 stop runlevel
>> > arguments (0 1 6) do not match LSB Default-Stop values (S 0 1 6)
>> >

>> > How do I get rid of it.
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Despite the above error which I've also seen when you
>> stop/restart/remove may of the init scripts, is the package still
>> installed?
>>
>> dpkg -l | grep postgre
>
> It is still there.

Better if you can send the output for the commands you run.

> Manually stopping the daemon does not produce any error or output and
> the removal error remains.

Manually stopping or starting the daemon returns the expected behaviour?
I mean, is the daemon stopped/started accordingly?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón