Re: Networking problem on Shuttle XS35GTV2

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 20:32:07 +0000, Ramon Hofer wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:44:05 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> Mmm, if your problem is a missing kernel module (jme.ko), the file is
>> located here:
>>
>> /lib/modules/2.6.32-5-686/kernel/drivers/net/jme.ko
>>
>> Which is available in the first of the CD sets and thus you should also
>> have it on your system so I wonder what can be wrong here.
>
> I'm wondering too!
>
> It's really strange because I was using OpenELEC for some time and
> probably with an update it stopped working.
>
> Also I have installed Debian Squeeze before on this box and the network
> was working.
>
> With Windows it's still working so the hardware should be ok...

Check if the module is already loaded or just force a reload ("modprobe
jme") and check the output.

>> A different issue would be that the current jme.ko driver (the one you
>> already have installed) cannot detect your ethernet controller (in line
>> with post #6 findings).
>>
>> If this is your case, an updated kernel from backports or fetching and
>> compiling the latest driver version from JMicron (as stated in #6) may
>> solve the issue.
>
> Yes, but for a noob like me it's hard to update the kernel without
> internet connection :-(

Maybe you can just grab the deb file from another computer and then
perform a manual install with "dpkg -i" :-?

>> But now you have an additional problem with the ISO image, that is not
>> recognized :-)
>>
>> How does your "/etc/apt/sources.list" look like? Also, run "mount" and
>> put here the ouput.
>
> I have played with sources.list and it contained only the cdrom image,
> nothing at all or the cdrom image and the security updates lines. I will
> post the exact listings tomorrow. I have to get up very early
> tomorrow...

Okay, it is important to use the right syntax for the CD to be properly
recognized.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón