Re: history configuration

"Camaleón" <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:19:19 +0800, lina wrote:
>
>> How to configure to make each terminal shared one "history"
>>
>> I found each terminal saves its own history and no sharing.
>>
>> Is it possible to let them share?
>
>Have you Googled for that? ;-)
>
>http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0&hl=en#hl=en&complete=0&site=webhp&q=linux+history+share+between+terminals&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=afa599453b32a79f&biw=1280&bih=888

Not bad google results. I've actually been searching for a way to save screen sessions between reboots. While this isn't the solution, I think I can go with this and write file.pty and pop each file into my history as I spawn new screen sessions. I might even figure out how to do similar with variables if I can figure this out.

The other solution to my problem might be kvm instances.