Re: grub gets confused when I upgrade the kernel

Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Hendrik Boom wrote:
> >> I'm getting the kernels in the /boot partition of one system matched
> >> with the file-system root partition of the other system.
> >
> > I looked at the update-grub script and at first glance I don't see how
> > that is possible It looks for kernels in /boot.  I don't see how it can
> > be pulling files from some other /boot unless it is the mounted one.
> > The mounted /boot should be the one that matches your current
> > filesystem.
>
> Interesting.  And puzzling.  Shouldn't it provide boot entries for all
> the OS's on the system, including both Linuxes?  That would mean it has
> to find both root and boot partitions.  It does find Windows.

Other systems are included due to the actions of the os-prober part.
But those should always be included later in the list after the local
ones.  But I didn't look over the script in detail.  I am sure that if
you dug into it with set -x that it would make sense to you and then
you could adapt it to your needs.

Bob