Re: grub gets confused when I upgrade the kernel

Hendrik Boom wrote:
> I'm getting the kernels in the /boot partition of one system matched with
> the file-system root partition of the other system.

I looked at the update-grub script and at first glance I don't see how
that is possible It looks for kernels in /boot.  I don't see how it
can be pulling files from some other /boot unless it is the mounted
one.  The mounted /boot should be the one that matches your current
filesystem.

Perhaps you could debug /usr/sbin/update-grub with 'set -x' and such
and see why it is doing what it is doing on your system.

Bob