Re: Networking problem on Shuttle XS35GTV2

On 28/02/12 16:03, Ramon Hofer wrote:

I was looking for the initrd.gz in the installation medium. I found two:
/install.386/gtk/initrd.gz and /install.386/initrd.gz

They aren't the same.
Why are there two versions of them?
Is it ok to take this one: /install.386/initrd.gz?

/install.386/gtk/initrd.gz is for a graphical insall and /install.386/initrd.gz is for a text based install

Ok, now I have a file called initrd. But I don't know what to do with it.

I found this page:
http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-initrd.html

Chapter 6.4 Examining the initrd contents tells me to:
mount -t cramfs /boot/initrd.img-2.6.12-1-686 /mnt/initrd -o loop

So I took my gunzipped file and tried to mount it into a directory. But I
get the message that it's a wrong fs type.

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards
Ramon

I don't think you did anything wrong; but it would seem that the extracted filesystem is not a cramfs file system. At one time they were just ext2fs, but times change.

If no one else can offer help on the file system used, you might like to try the debian wiki, they might have the correct file system in use.