Re: [OT]: Printing to file from Adobe Acrobat's reader

On Tue 28 Feb 2012 at 11:33:01 +0000, Brian wrote:

> The PDF printer converts a file into a pdf document. But you have the
> pdf so it's a litle unclear what you want to do here.

But if all you want is to process a file without using Acrobat you have

   lp -d PDF <file>

or

   lpr -P PDF <file>

The message from lpr; was it telling you of an error or was it a
warning? My experience is that neither lp nor lpr give a summary of
their usage when invoked incorrectly. There isn't even a --help option
given in the manual. What was the gist of it?