Re: text browsers

On 27/02/12 10:11, Weaver wrote:
Hello one and all.

I'm seting up a gui-less system and was wondering about text browsers -
what's good?
Anything to avoid, that is behind in development, not being maintained or
is obviously behind the others in some respect or other.

I don't want to start a flame war.....seriously.

re there any that are head and shoulders above the rest, more intuitive,
stable, etc,?

Thanking you for any time and trouble.
Regards,

Weaver.
You'll have to work at understanding how to browse with them.

I don't 'recommend', but I have tried 'lynx', 'links', & 'elinks'; I didn't get on with any of them.

The problem is mainly that so many web sites use javascript & flash, etc. They don't conform to www standards.