Re: New computer planned

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 06:03:46 +0100
Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@lilalaser.de> wrote:

> Celejar wrote:
>
> >> Squeeze stuff is rather old by now.
> >
> > Fair enough - I'm just saying that perhaps we shouldn't go around
> > saying that linux support for Intel is perfect, when Debian stable is
> > shipping badly broken software for mature and not obsolete hardware.
> >
> Well, this is the way the debian release cycle works. If you want a
> distro with a fixed six month release period, then you may be better
> off with ubuntu. In case you just need more recent versions of stuff,
> there is always testing, which is not as fragile as it sounds.

I understand the Debian release cycle, and have understood it for
years, along with the tradeoffs involved in choosing the various
flavors. Once again, I'm just pointing out that we shouldn't go around
telling everyone that support for Intel hardware is so idyllic if our
Stable version doesn't support mature, non-obsolete, popular chipsets.

Celejar