Re: Re: How to avoid screen blanking?

Felix Koop, 25.02.2012:
> I have tried in dconf-editor to find a setting in
> "org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power" without success. Even
> deactivating the whole plugin does not seem to help. :-(

Under "org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power", try changing
"sleep-display-ac" and "sleep-display-battery".

I have my screen going off after 30 minutes and these are set to 1800.
Now I went to System Settings (from the upper right hand corner in
gnome-classic, or you can just run gnome-control-center) and chose
Screen.  After changing that to 5 minutes, the values in the
dconf-editor are now 300.

I guess you can just change the settings in gnome-control-center,
without bothering with dconf-editor. :)