Re: How to avoid screen blanking?

Felix Koop, 25.02.2012:
> Do you have SID installed? This is what I get:
>
> jupiter:~# LANG=C dpkg -l gnome-screensaver
> |
> Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
> |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name                 Version              Description
> +++-====================-====================-========================================================
> ii  gnome-screensaver    3.2.0-2+b1           GNOME screen saver and
> locker
> jupiter:~# which gnome-screensaver-preferences
> jupiter:~# apt-file search gnome-screensaver-preferences
> jupiter:~#
>
> So I do have the package gnome-screensaver installed, but it does not
> have that file. Same result when I search at the web:
> http://http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=gnome-screensaver-preferences&mode=exactfilename&suite=unstable&arch=any
> No file is found.

I'm sorry, I should have made sure that the file exists.  I do have
sid installed but now that I checked, the file isn't there, even
though the gnome-screensaver package is installed.  I believe apt-file
has a cache and I guess it doesn't get updated every time the system's
packages get updated.  My bad.  (Actually, does it every get updated if
one doesn't set up a cron job or do it manually?)