Moving Nagios3 Apache configuration to a VirtualHost setup

HI there,

When you install Nagios it installs itself so that $SERVER/nagios3/
takes over your site. I have setup an extra vhost on my apache server
and I don't want nagios to take over all vhosts. I just want to setup,
say, nagios.mydomain.com/nagios3/ as being my nagios monitoring station.

The config that comes with debian is:

-- begin snippet ---

# apache configuration for nagios 3.x
# note to users of nagios 1.x and 2.x:
#       throughout this file are commented out sections which preserve
#       backwards compatibility with bookmarks/config for older nagios
versios.
#       simply look for lines following "nagios 1.x:" and "nagios 2.x"
comments.

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/nagios3 /usr/lib/cgi-bin/nagios3
ScriptAlias /nagios3/cgi-bin /usr/lib/cgi-bin/nagios3
# nagios 1.x:
#ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/nagios /usr/lib/cgi-bin/nagios3
#ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/lib/cgi-bin/nagios3
# nagios 2.x:
#ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/nagios2 /usr/lib/cgi-bin/nagios3
#ScriptAlias /nagios2/cgi-bin /usr/lib/cgi-bin/nagios3

# Where the stylesheets (config files) reside
Alias /nagios3/stylesheets /etc/nagios3/stylesheets
# nagios 1.x:
#Alias /nagios/stylesheets /etc/nagios3/stylesheets
# nagios 2.x:
#Alias /nagios2/stylesheets /etc/nagios3/stylesheets

# Where the HTML pages live
Alias /nagios3 /usr/share/nagios3/htdocs
# nagios 2.x:
#Alias /nagios2 /usr/share/nagios3/htdocs
# nagios 1.x:
#Alias /nagios /usr/share/nagios3/htdocs

<DirectoryMatch
(/usr/share/nagios3/htdocs|/usr/lib/cgi-bin/nagios3|/etc/nagios3/stylesheets)>
        Options FollowSymLinks

        DirectoryIndex index.php

        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        Order Allow,Deny
        Allow From All

        AuthName "Nagios Access"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthUserFile /etc/nagios3/htpasswd.users
        # nagios 1.x:
        #AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
        require valid-user
</DirectoryMatch>

# Enable this ScriptAlias if you want to enable the grouplist patch.
# See http://apan.sourceforge.net/download.html for more info
# It allows you to see a clickable list of all hostgroups in the
# left pane of the Nagios web interface
# XXX This is not tested for nagios 2.x use at your own peril
#ScriptAlias /nagios3/side.html /usr/lib/cgi-bin/nagios3/grouplist.cgi
# nagios 1.x:
#ScriptAlias /nagios/side.html /usr/lib/cgi-bin/nagios3/grouplist.cgi

---- end snippet ---

Now I see there is/was a bug report saying that if you're runnign any
VirtualHosts the nagios installation should complement rather than take
it over. But I added the vhost AFTER I had installed nagios so maybe it
does already do this.

Anyway I've tried doing the following:

-- begin snippet --
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName nagios.mydomain.com
   DocumentRoot /usr/share/nagios3/htdocs/
    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/nagios.mydomain.com-error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/nagios.mydomain.com-access_log common

[...]

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi"
<Directory "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi">
#       SSLRequireSSL
        Options ExecCGI
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
#       Order deny,allow
#       Deny from all
#       Allow from 127.0.0.1
        AuthName "Nagios Access"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/htpasswd.users
        Require valid-user
</Directory>
Alias /nagios "/usr/share/nagios"
<Directory "/usr/share/nagios">
#       SSLRequireSSL
        Options None
[...]

</VirtualHost>

--end snippet --

I've obviously not done this right.. it was just a stab at trying to put
the debian config in a virtual host section (without really
understanding what the debian version running out of
/etc/nagios/apache.conf was doing) so I can then run nagios from
/etc/apache/sites-available/ instead.

Can anyone help.

Shaun