Re: New computer planned

Am Freitag, 24. Februar 2012 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Still 0,4% annual failure rate for X25-M is 4 drives out of 1000 in
> one  year and it is always good to keep a backup! I have not yet seen
> numbers for Intel SSD 320 tough and they have had and probably even
> still have a 8 MB bug. Search Heise Open for that, they have a good
> article on it.

On sudden power loss. Quite rarely. But when it happens the SSD reports
its 8 MB big and needs to be replaced.

Ironically AFAIC it comes from an issue related to the capacitors on the
SSD that should allow the SSD to complete pending writes in case of a
power loss.

There has been a firmware update that I applied. But it has not been clear,
whether it really fixes the issue even when it should.

Well, this one still works ;). And the laptop has a battery in it.