Re: wireless is disabled

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Scott Ferguson
<prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/02/12 13:52, lina wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Florian Kulzer
>> <debian-lists@florian-kulzer.eu> wrote:
>>>>
> <snipped>
>

>> How can I know enough commands to use.
>
> A good introduction to basic management commands is "info" - it breaks
> the main commands into different categories.
>
> $ info
>
> to learn how to use info
>
> $ info info
>

> If you know a command that's *similar* to what you you want to do - but
> don't know the right command....."apropos" will give you a list of
> related commands:-
>
> $ apropo $command_that's_similar
>

>> are there some hand-book (terse ones) for it? so I may recite some
>> (hope not sounds so silly, might a bit though).
>
> RUTE has already been suggested, and the built in doc viewing system has

I have downloaded the RUTE, but seems it's html version (have not
found the pdf version),

> been suggested on another occasion (doc-central and dwww)

what does the doc-central and dwww for?

dwww Read all on-line documentation with a WWW browser

I started the downloaded html RUTE by launching $ iceweasel rute.html

> Have you had a read through the (copious) documentation that comes with
> the Debian installer?

Not so sure, I tried to read something in the past form debian website
(there are some documentation for maintainer),
even today walked around in the library trying to pick some books. But
didn't find some one.

> Also:-
> # apt-get install doc-linux-nonfree-html doc-linux-html

Just installed. not so sure how to use it

doc-linux-html - Linux HOWTOs and FAQs in HTML format
doc-linux-nonfree-html - Linux HOWTOs in HTML format (non-free)
doc-linux-nonfree-text - Linux HOWTOs in ASCII format (non-free)

> Anything written by Raphael Hertzog is good:-
> http://raphaelhertzog.com/

Thanks for sharing the links, I have one question coming into my mind,
the kbibtex is good, but install needs some KDE support, seems a bit heavy,
I wonder:
are there some gnome-bibtex or xfce4-bibtex?

> Another excellent, though not Debian specific writer, is the Linux
> gourmet writer, Marcel Gagné:-
> http://cookingwithlinux.com/

Ha .. a bit yummy.

Thanks for all,