Re: wireless is disabled

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Florian Kulzer
<debian-lists@florian-kulzer.eu> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 00:36:02 +0800, lina wrote:
>> Supplementary Information:
>>
>> # nm-tool
>>
>> NetworkManager Tool
>>
>> State: disconnected
>>
>> - Device: eth0 -----------------------------------------------------------------
>>   Type:              Wired
>>   Driver:            tg3
>>   State:             unmanaged
>
>  [snip: eth0 looks normal to me for an unmanaged device]
>
>> - Device: wlan0 ----------------------------------------------------------------
>>   Type:              802.11 WiFi
>>   Driver:            b43
>>   State:             unavailable
>>   Default:           no
>>   HW Address:        E0:F8:47:0A:B0:D8
>>
>>   Capabilities:
>>
>>   Wireless Properties
>>     WEP Encryption:  yes
>>     WPA Encryption:  yes
>>     WPA2 Encryption: yes
>>
>>   Wireless Access Points
>
> It should be possible to change the line "State: unavailable" to "State:
> disconnected" by running:
>
>  nmcli nm wifi on

Thanks, this works.

How can I know enough commands to use.
are there some hand-book (terse ones) for it? so I may recite some
(hope not sounds so silly, might a bit though).

In the past (maybe till future), one channel is learning form
people/list, another channel is in the process of google-searching the
problem.
Sometimes read man pages, so much information and I just got lost so soon.

> If this does not work then it might be necessary to install the package
> "rfkill" and use
>
>  rfkill list

Just installed.

Thanks with best regards,