Re: max bandwidth measurement tool

On 02/22/2012 12:00 PM, Brad Alexander wrote:
What about using the speed test tool at dslreports.com?

https://secure.dslreports.com/speedtest

--b

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:25 AM, hvw59601<hvw59601@care2.com>  wrote:
Hi,

My ISP is messing with my bandwith and it is getting lower all the time.

I can find out what it is by killing all apps and use wget to download
something fairly large: currently 110 KB/s. It used to be 600 KB/s.

Is there a tool that will tell me what my max bandwith is at any one moment?

Hugo

My d/ls are running slow also. Went to the first choice presented and ran it.
Tried two sites--Parsippany and Washington, D.C., and in both cases got this
message: A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player to run slowly. If
it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want
to abort the script?

So I aborted the script. Also, the "analog" needle pointer indicates a much, much
higher speed than the digital display--so what gives?

--doug

--doug