Re: New computer planned

On 02/20/2012 06:58 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
If you definitely don't want to use proprietary drivers you can also
consider Intel cards (or even built-in),

I prefer full FOSS HW support OOTB and have had the best experiences with Intel processors and integrated motherboards (video, sound, PATA/SATA, LAN, serial, parallel, PS/2, USB, etc.).

Does Squeeze have full FOSS HW support OOTB for the Intel Second-Generation Core processors and Q67 chipset motherboards? Does Wheezy? Sid? As other posters have mentioned, checking HCL's is difficult at best.

I'm considering building a Debian Gnome 64-bit desktop and a Debian Xen or XCP 64-bit server using i5-2500S processors and DQ67SW motherboards:

http://ark.intel.com/products/52211/Intel-Core-i5-2500S-Processor-%286M-Cache-2_70-GHz%29

    http://ark.intel.com/products/51997/Intel-Desktop-Board-DQ67SW

Any comments from people running Debian, Gnome, Xen, or XCP on these parts?

TIA,

David