Re: Get to the bottom of what is running my networks

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Andrei POPESCU
<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sb, 18 feb 12, 19:54:50, Tom H wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Andrei POPESCU
>> >
>> > aptitude purge ~c
>>
>> Thanks. I didn't know that we could use search terms without
>> specifying a search (pretty unusual!
>
> Maybe, although you have to admit it's very useful ;)
>
> This is not unusual for mutt users, where you also use patterns
> everywhere, and aptitude's interface was inspired by mutt as far as I
> recall.

It's definitely useful (thanks again), although I generally prefer
long-form commands; "~c" is pretty straightforward but others, in
aptitude and elsewhere aren't so the long-form easier to remember
after a few weeks/moths of not having used it.