Re: Get to the bottom of what is running my networks

> You can check which packages are uninstalled but still have their
> config hanging around with "aptitude search '?config-files'".
>
> You can then run "apt-get purge <package>" to get rid of the config
> one particular package or "apt-get purge $(aptitude search
> '?config-files' -F '%p" to get rid of all the leftover configs.

Thanks for posting this gem!

However, I could be wrong, but I think there is a typo. Might just be how
my web translation came across. The last command should be:

$sudo apt-get purge $(aptitude search '?config-files' -F %p)

No tick in front of the %p and a close-parenthesis at the end. One might
also use the --dry-run option first as well just in case...

Keith Ostertag