Re: window does not fit on screen

Thanks. I can not increase the physical resolution but do you know how
to increase the virtual resolution?

I would like to do so on a per-user basis. Setting the line Virtual <x>
<y> in Xorg.conf has the desired effect but it also increases the size
for the login manager, which is undesired. Also the virtual resolution
change does not integrate very well with Gnome Shell. Googling suggests
I should use the xrandr extension but I do not understand it very well.

Thanks.