Re: Firefox and PDF incompatibility

On 2012-02-17, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:

> But since that is nonfree it isn't in the free Chromium.  AFAIK only
> the nonfree Chrome has the builtin Flash and Adobe and other such
> components.  AFAIK that is the difference between Chrome and Chromium.

I was responding to an unqualified statement (I didn't see the nonfree
restriction, if it existed).

google-chrome in linux has no builtin Flash (at least not in the 64 bit
version), nor does it have builtin Adobe. The pdf reader it uses by
default, is, well, the Chrome PDF Viewer, a "builtin" "house" plugin.