Re: how are html pages printed?

El 2012-02-13 a las 15:01 -0600, Mark Copper escribió:

(Mark, remember to reply to the list, not just me ;-) )

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

> > I would try to add a new printer instance (keep the one you already
> > have, just add a new one) for the printer but using a PCL6 file instead
> > ("pxlmono") and try to print the same page with it, just to compare both
> > outputs.
>
> This sounds like a reasonable approach.  I'll give it a look.
>
> Just to put out as much info as I can.  This problem also occurs with
> Fedex shipping labels which do not involve explicit pop-up windows
> (but a lot of javascript).

I think the pop-up window is not relevant for the problem but the
generated image/code by the courier web services. They can contain some
data your printer driver cannot handle and thus outputs the error.

> Also it is worth remembering there is *not* a problem printing to the
> same printer from either squeeze on AMD or wheezy on i386 machines, I
> beleive.

You mean the 32-bits wheezy install can print that pages without
troubleshoot, using the same PPD file? It could be then a problem with
the 64-bits CUPS packages... anyway, I would try first with "pxlmono"
and see how it goes.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón