Re: free software mini pc

Bruce Ferrell wrote at 2012-02-12 18:56 -0600:
> http://www.logicsupply.com/categories/fanless_systems

Thanks for the link, they have some nice looking systems.  Unfortunately I
was unable to find any mention of Linux kernel support status.

> They have a FEW system they have marked as unusuitable for use with Linux.
> On checking as to why, they observed that they didn't do a clean shutdown
> on with Ubuntu 10.04... Which was a know issue with that particular
> distro/version.  I did my own testing and found them to be totally suitable
> for my environment. YMMV.

So they just try booting Ubuntu and if it works, then claim Linux support?

YMMV is exactly what I want the supplier/manufacturer to guarantee *against*
(within reason).  Surely other consumers feel the same way?