Re: glxinfo seems to be lying to me

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 00:26:05 -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

> I set up direct rendering with my Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 using the
> nvidia-glx-legacy-173xx package. glxinfo is happy, compiz works, etc.
>
> But, any gl screensavers, or opengl games, are horribly slow and chewing
> all my CPU, suggesting that 3d accel is not working.
>
> Any pointers on solving this?

(...)

Your 3D has to be enabled, otherwise you couldn't run opengl games at all.

What it maybe happening is a problem/bug with the driver version and the
card model your are using, have you considered installing the latest
version available from nvidia (173.1431)? If you're on Sid you already
have it installed.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón