Re: Restoring filenames from partly damaged ext4-filesystem

On 02/10/2012 06:07 PM, Rudolf Zran wrote:
Hello Bernd!

I have written some tools in the past to recover the file structure of
an over-formated ext3/ext4 device based on directory blocks.
With some tweaks it should be able to assign the file#inode_numbers in
lost+found to a directory structure.
Problem is that I'm rather busy with too many other projects already. Do
you know C and could you add some code on your own for the lost+found
assignment? I can assist you, but it is unlikely that I find much time
do it myself...

I'm not that fluent in C, but I could just give it a try. Since it's my
own data and this recovery for personal "fun" I can't do something bad
with it :) So, if you could share the code I'd be happy!

I'm going upload the existing code on Sunday. Going to travel tomorrow and I need to go to bed now.

Sorry for the day!

Cheers,
Bernd