WLAN miniPCI or USB

Hi all

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but maybe someone has some experience
and wants to share them with me :-)

I have an Alix board [1] which I use as network manager (DHCP, DNS, NTP,
etc.)

I'd like to add a WLAN interface so that I can use it as WLAN access
point. It has miniPCI and USB.
One card which I found and think should work is the TP-Link TL-WN861N. As
per linuxwireless it uses the ath9k driver. They list these modes of
operation:
Station Mode, *AP Mode*, IBSS Mode, Monitor Mode, Mesh point with HT
support, as well as RSN, WDS (as of >= 2.6.37).
This means it should be possible to use this module because AP means
Access Point or am I wrong?

Maybe there are some other suggestion?
Or should I better go for an USB device?

Best regards
Ramon

[1] http://pcengines.ch/alix2d2.htm

[2] http://www.techmania.ch/details.aspx?pid=2101864&sessionID=1210