Re: apache defaulting to openssl instead of gnutls

On 07/02/12 16:49, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 15:52:31 +0100, Alberto Fuentes wrote:

I just found out that openssl does not implement tls 1.1 or 1.2 and
gnutls do implement them. I was wondering why for example apache2
defaults to openssl instead of libapache2-mod-gnutls.

Just out of curiosity

My guess for upstream Apache2 defaulting to "mod_ssl" is because it's an
older development and also a proven technology.

Greetings,

I read somewhere that the apache folks does not like gpl as much...

Anyway, my question is about debian, where maintainers can correct upstream decisions... and what was what made them keep the upstream choice... :)

greets!
aL