Re: A question about ssh-agent

Paul E Condon <pecondon@mesanetworks.net> replied:
> Here is the debug run up to where it is waiting for me to enter
> a password:
> root@gq:~# ssh -v root@big
> [...]

Ah. Bob suggested checking the messages from the server sshd. You (Paul)
I think may have misread that and run debug on the client ssh
instead. The server will record why it's rejected a particular type of
authentication or a particular session, but the client won't be told
the reason. (However, it is usually worth tracing the ssh client just
to make sure that it itself is not skipping key negotiation.)

Chris